December 22, 2016

Trepidation

TREPIDATION











How much longer must I float? 
it's been so long already 
When will I get answers? 
that will make me steady

With eyes full of questions 
and dreams filling my heart
I look into the future 
to give me a head start

With no aim or definite goal
I’m stumbling in the dark
Need this trepidation to go away
so I can make my mark

The present brings no joy
I am losing my essence and identity
Without a purpose I’m hollow
maybe I need serendipity

This was never my plan
it's gone horribly wrong 
All the hard work seems futile
that I had put in for so long

By this time I had hoped to
accomplish so much more
But I'm back to square one 
and It's shaken up my core

I don't have the strength
to make choices or decide 
I don't know which way to go 
with no one walking beside

Perhaps soon the dark clouds 
will clear and show the light 
Perhaps soon the negativity 
will dissolve from my sight…

No comments:

Post a Comment